Acceptable Use Policy
Own Web Now Corp's Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") is provided to give our customers and users a clear understanding of what Own Web Now Corp expects of them while using the service. All users of Own Web Now Corp's Internet Services: those who access some of our Services but do not have accounts, as well as those who pay a service fee to subscribe to the Services, must comply with this AUP and our TOS (Terms of Service).
Use of Own Web Now Corp Service constitutes acceptance and agreement to Own Web Now Corp's AUP as well as Own Web Now Corp's TOS (Terms of Service)
We support the uncensored flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor subscriber activity under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any website, e-mail transmission, newsgroups, or other material created or accessible over or through the services, except for certain proprietary websites. However, in accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service), we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. Own Web Now Corp may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrongdoing. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or immediate termination of either your Own Web Now Corp account or other actions as detailed in Section 3 WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE .
This document is intended to provide a basic understand of Own Web Now Corp's Acceptable Use Policy. The following are guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of Own Web Now Corp's AUP:
While the Own Web Now Corp is firmly committed to the principles of free speech, certain activities that may be damaging to the resources of both the Own Web Now Corp and the Internet and cannot be permitted under the guise of free speech. The resources of the Own Web Now Corp and the Internet are limited, and abuse of these resources by one user has a negative impact on the entire community.
We do not routinely monitor the activity of accounts except for measurements of system utilization and the preparation of billing records. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, we will respond appropriately if we become aware of inappropriate use of our service.
You may not use our services (virtual web sites, email servers, portals, dedicated servers or network connection) to publish material, which Own Web Now Corp determines, at its sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For purposes of this policy, "material" refers to all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings.
If a Own Web Now Corp account is used to violate the Acceptable Use Policy or our TOS, we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice. We prefer to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action, however, flagrant violations of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in immediate termination of service. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
As a member of our network community, you must use your Internet access responsibly. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us through our support portal at https://support.ownwebnow.com.
VIOLATIONS OF Own Web Now Corp ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
- Illegal Use: Own Web Now Corp's services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. Own Web Now Corp reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
- Harm to Minors: Use of the Own Web Now Corp service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
- Threats: Use of the Own Web Now Corp service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment: Use of the Own Web Now Corp service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent Activity: Use of Own Web Now Corp service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes", "ponzi schemes", and "chain letters".
- Forgery or Impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation
- Unsolicited Commercial E-mail/Unsolicited Bulk E-mail (SPAM): Use of the Own Web Now Corp service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending Own Web Now Corp account.
Unsolicited Commercial E-mail/Unsolicited Bulk E-mail (SPAM):
Use of the Own Web Now Corp service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending Own Web Now Corp account.
BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY, anyone hosting websites or services on their server that support spammers or cause any of our IP space to be listed in any of the various Spam Databases will have their server immediately removed from our network. The server will not be reconnected until such time that you agree to remove ANY and ALL traces of the offending material immediately upon reconnection and agree to allow us access to the server to confirm that all material has been COMPLETELY removed. Severe violations may result in immediate and permanent removal of the server from our network without notice to the customer. Any server guilty of a second violation WILL be immediately and permanently removed from our network without notice.
Malicious intent to impede another person's use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending Own Web Now Corp account.
E-mail/Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the Own Web Now Corp service is in violation of this AUP.
- Usenet SPAMing: Own Web Now Corp has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
- Unauthorized Access: Use of the Own Web Now Corp service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Own Web Now Corp's or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending Own Web Now Corp account is subject to immediate termination.
- Copyright or Trademark Infringement: Use of the Own Web Now Corp service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of Personal Data: Use of the Own Web Now Corp service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Network Disruptions and Unfriendly Activity: Use of the Own Web Now Corp service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use Own Web Now Corp Services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Subscriber may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or individual's computer system will result in immediate account termination. Own Web Now Corp will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
- Fraud: Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
- Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
- Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- Inappropriate Use of Software: Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using Own Web Now Corp services could result in suspension service.
- Third Party Accountability: Own Web Now Corp subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account, that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Pornographic Material: Own Web Now Corp services may not be used for distributions of pornographic material, legal or illegal.
- Unlicensed Commercial Software: Own Web Now Corp services may not be used for disribution of warez, serial numbers, hacks, cracks or anything that explicitly violates DMCA.
- Broadcast Mail: Use of Own Web Now Corp and ExchangeDefender networks to distribute or mass mail identical messages is strictly prohibited, regardless of validity of recipients. Our network is not designed to support nor distribute mass mailings. Users with a business requirement to distribute legitimate mass mailings may use their own mail servers to relay mail directly or subscribe to a third party service designed for broadcast activity (ConstantContact, MailChimp).
You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account. In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
Own Web Now Corp accounts operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of these shared network resources by one customer may have a negative impact on all other customers. Misuse of network resources in a manner which impairs network performance is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination of your account.
You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time, memory, disk space and session time. You may not use resource-intensive programs which negatively impact other customers or the performances of Own Web Now Corp systems or networks. Own Web Now Corp reserves the right to terminate or limit such activities.
REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF Own Web Now Corp AUP
Own Web Now Corp requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to the Abuse Department through our support portal at https://support.ownwebnow.com.
If available, please provide the following information:
REVISIONS TO THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Own Web Now Corp reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, our TOS (Terms of Service) and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service).